Studying the Bible with R.E.C.A.L.L
- REST – Rest in the Prince of Peace (through Prayer)
- ENTER- Enter into the biblical metanarrative by gathering context/background information on the book you are about to read.
- CHEW- Chew on God’s Word, chapter by chapter. Read the book you are going through one Chapter at a time so that you can chew on God’s Word & carefully contemplate what you are reading.
- ANNOTATE– As you chew on God’s Word, highlight/ underline key & repeated words/phrases; note cross references; outline ! In the guide I created for you, I have included a cut out you can place in your Bible to help keep track of your notes by creating a color code/symbol key for reading
- LEARN– meditate & memorize. Jot down verses that stand out to you & verses you would like to commit to memory.
- LEAVE- Ask (pray) what God is calling you to leave your time in the text with ? What attribute of His character is He revealing through this text? How does this text point me to Christ? What prayer am I compelled to pray in light of this text? What action am I compelled to take in light of this text?
My Fav Bibles:
Books / Resources:
How to outline the bible : https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/bl…
Other favorites(Shown, but not mentioned)…
- Nav press studies Philippians, 1 Thessalonians (goes into detail about some of the tips I use e.g. outlining…)